SCOPE OF WORKS
The project involved:
- 700 lot high density sub division
- Clearing, grubbing and stripping of 58 hectares
- 400,000m3 earthworks, including 285,000 import
- Five kilometre long haul road including psc bridge
- Major box culvert works
- Two external intersection upgrades (one DTMR)
- Three kilometres of external services upgrades
- Major re-vegetation works
- Pump station
SITE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Environment: The proximity to Pumicestone passage meant extensive environmental management was required to minimise environmental impact to the aquatic life and water quality.
Wet weather: We encountered almost three metres of rainfall over the 2011/2012 wet season which slowed down progress.
Building construction: Builders were on site prior to completion of roadworks which meant challenges with project management and safety to coordinate works around building activity.
Download As PDF Subscribe to Shad Civil News